What is Nano-Needling Treatment?
Nano-Needling is an innovative aesthetic therapy that stimulates collagen production by using a device to create tiny punctures in the outer layer of the skin. Our trained staff performs the treatment with a SkinPen®, the first FDA-cleared, multifunctional device that helps to alleviate and reduce many skin conditions. Your microneedling appointment with Rose + Honey Skincare is a 90-minute treatment that includes LED Red light therapy to promote healing.
How Does Nano-Needling Work?
Over time, collagen and elastin fibers, your body’s natural defense against aging, weaken and begins to break down. Nano-Needling will revitalize the collagen and elastin while repairing damaged skin cells.
SkinPen® Precision system works by harnessing your body’s natural healing abilities. The tiny, sterile needles pierce the dermis at a 90° angle, precisely where your skin produces collagen and elastin. These micro-injuries begin a three-phase process:
• Phase I: Inflammation – Your body alerts the immune system to clean the micro-injury, bringing blood flow to the area and removing debris.
• Phase II: Proliferation – New cells in the extracellular matrix are created, and new blood vessels form to increase circulation under the skin’s surface.
• Phase III: Remodeling – The new skin cells create refreshed, healthy dermal tissue nourished by the new blood vessels to replace the old, dead, and damaged tissues.
Who Can Benefit From Nano-Needling?
If you have certain skin conditions like fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, or anti-aging, nano-needling may be able to help you. Nano-needling can be used on patients looking for skin rejuvenation as well.
The benefits of Microneedling include:
- Appropriate for use on all skin types
- Minimal damage to the epidermis
- A comfortable procedure with the help of topical anesthetics
- 90-minute treatment includes LED Red light therapy
- Minimal risk of side effects or scarring
Most healthy adults can be a candidate for the Microneedling procedure. In addition, because of its low risk, this procedure is a viable option for patients who are not candidates for laser resurfacing skin rejuvenation.
Most clients experience little downtime after the Microneedling treatment is complete. Mild swelling and slight redness may occur after the treatment. While healing times may vary from person to person, most can expect to see results within two to four days. Still, results may take up to six months as the collagen in your skin continues to rebuild and help revitalize your skin.
What Should You Expect After The Procedure
The treatment areas will look and feel sunburned for 1-4 days after the treatment, and you may experience a warm sensation, redness, and skin swelling. The severity of redness will depend on how aggressive the treatment was. In addition, the skin may feel tight, dry, swollen, and sensitive to the touch.
Contact Rose + Honey Skincare Today!
Call our Rose + Honey Skincare team at (858) 355-8124 if you have any questions about Microneedling treatment or book an appointment online! We treat clients with Microneedling from Bird Rock, La Jolla, Clairemont, Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, Point Loma, and all throughout San Diego County.